6/28/2023 Rally in Harrisburg and Related Materials
On Wednesday, June 28th, the ARC of Pennsylvania, staff, students and families of the PAAL Program in Downingtown and others attended a rally at the PA State Capital.
We met with legislators and held a press conferenced in an effort to regain $170 million in disability funding and reverse key policy changes. The funding reduction and policy changes will hugely negatively impact people with disabilities as well as the livelihood of those who work with them. We also shined a spotlight on people with severe autism who are most at risk from these proposed changes.
The video, pictures and links below provide more information so people can understand and help us with this terrible situation.
- 6/28/2023 Rally in Harrisburg Video and Pictures
- Elevator pitch letter to legislators, etc. with instructions
- Script to call/contact legislators, etc.
- Letter to Representative Hennessey
- One Page Summary – PA Severe and Profound Autism
- One Page Statistics – IDA Workforce
- White Paper – Policy issues impacting service
- ODP Policy Change Fact Sheet
- Article – Jody’s Story